Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting the bike ready


Some say that anticipation is sometimes better than the event itself. I hope that isn’t the case for me; and I am enjoying the preparation. The weather here last weekend in Phoenix was amazing and anyone with a motorcycle and a pulse was out riding; one last reprieve before the seemingly never ending summer heat and monsoonal storms come.

By Sunday morning I had my bike on the table prepping for the trip. Changed the oil, checked the air pressure in the tires and the shocks and even adjusted the drive belt. I get the feeling it is all Sherri can do to keep from laughing when she sticks her head into the garage and sees the bike on the Handy Lift with bags and accessories already on the bike.

It may seem a bit silly, and frankly it probably is, but I am ‘dialing in’ my touring configuration now so I am ready to go when the sun rises next Tuesday. Oh, and in my defense, I will be out of town this weekend and when I get back I’ll have maybe 24 hours to get everything done for work before I head out. I can’t be worrying about the last minute details of the trip then…

7 days and counting…..

No comments:

Post a Comment